In summary, Oycemily is a fraudulent online store. Customers might receive low-quality items, incorrect products, or nothing at all. Based on our analysis, Oycemily.com has a safety index of 10/100 (SCAM).
Now you may want to find out why is Oycemily a scam, right? Well then, this page provides a concise and informative Oycemily review including how to get refund from it.
Oycemily.com Website Highlights
- Domain name: oycemily.com
- Website name: Oycemily
- Email: support@oycemily .com
- Parent Company Name And Address: NOVVA LIMITED, FLAT 1512, 15/F, LUCKY CENTRE, NO. 165-171, WAN CHAI ROAD, WAN CHAI, HONG KONG
- Product Categories Available On Its Website: TOOL, FURNITURE, CLOTH, ELECTRONIC
- Products Listed On Its Website: SOLID LOOSE SIMPLE SPLIT-FRONT T-SHIRT TOP, CASUAL SOLID COLOR HIGH-NECK LONG SLEEVES T-SHIRT, FASHION SOLID COLOR ASYMMETRIC SPLIT-JOINT SLEEVELESS VEST, ORIGINAL FLORAL PRINTED ROUND-NECK SLEEVELESS DRESS, etc.
We have classified Oycemily as a scam online store due to the following reasons:
- Oycemily hasn’t provided its contact phone number.
- NOVVA LIMITED, which is its parent company, is linked with multiple scam sites such as Yuntruny, Pearllessonca, EventuallyeOnline, Gentlyform, Startswimca, Researcca, Pirysea, etc.
- But keep in mind, it might change its parent company name later, just like other similar websites often do. So, if you see a different parent company name in the future, don’t be confused.
- Oycemily has listed lots of products at heavy discount rates, as appears on multiple scam sites.
- There is not any social media icon linking to its official social media page on its website.
- Its whole website content is a copy-paste of multiple scam sites.
- Lots of complaints can be found against similar kinds of sites.
How to get a refund from scam online store?
- Contact the Seller: Tell the seller what’s going on. Also, stay relaxed.
- Keep records of everything: Write down all the info about your order, save chats with the seller, like pictures, emails, and order confirmations.
- For Non Delivery of Goods:
- You should contact your bank or credit card company, so that you can ask them to help you to get a refund.
- If you have paid using PayPal, then contact the PayPal support team and initiate a dispute to get a refund.
- For Delivery of Wrong or Cheap quality Goods:
- Please acquire the postal service’s tracking information, displaying the delivery address and the item’s weight, which may be lower than the weight of your original order.
- Share evidence and details of receiving the wrong item with your bank, credit card company, or PayPal, as many have successfully obtained full refunds this way.
- Report to Authorities: Report the scam to relevant authorities, such as the Better Business Bureau, FBI, FTC, etc. or your country’s consumer protection agency.
- Monitor Your Accounts: To prevent additional unauthorized charges by the scammer, closely monitor your financial accounts. Therefore, change passwords and enable two-factor authentication on your online accounts for added security.
- Consider Legal Action:
- If all else fails or if the scam involves significant financial loss, then you may want to consult with a legal professional or consumer rights organization for advice on pursuing legal action against the scam online store.
However, the success of above-mentioned steps may depend on your location, payment method, and the policies of your credit card company or PayPal.
How to Protect Yourself from Online Store Scams?
- Search About the Store: Before making a purchase, find out about the online store thoroughly. Firstly, look for reviews, ratings, and customer feedback. Furthermore, legit businesses usually provide a valid physical address and contact info, while scam ones either provide fake contact info or nothing at all.
- Check Website Security:
- Always check for secure connections (https://) when browsing. Additionally, look for trust badges and security seals from reputable providers like Norton or McAfee, because scam online stores either don’t provide security trust seals or provide the fake ones.
- So, you should verify the trust seals by clicking on them. The real trust seal logos send you to the official verification pages of respective trust seal providers, whereas fake trust seal logos send you to unrelated pages.
- Be Wary of Too-Good-to-Be-True Deals: Be careful of unrealistic deals, because scammers often use low prices to entice victims. Additionally, you should compare prices with other reputable stores.
- Check Refund Policies: Before buying something, you should check the store’s refund policies. Additionally, be cautious when dealing with stores that have unclear or overly restrictive refund policies.
- Avoid Unusual Payment Methods: Stick to popular and secure payment methods, such as credit cards or PayPal. In contrast, be highly suspicious of stores that only accept payment forms like gift cards, wire transfers, etc.
- Use Strong Passwords: When it comes to online shopping, it’s important to create unique, complex passwords for your accounts. Moreover, whenever possible, enable two-factor authentication for an added layer of security.
- Watch for Phishing Attempts: Be cautious of unknown emails or messages containing links to online stores. Additionally, verify the link before clicking any links. Moreover, always examine the website’s URL to ensure it’s not a phishing replica.
- Be Cautious with Personal Info: Avoid online stores asking for too much personal info.
What are the possible ways to encounter with scam online stores?
- Phishing Emails and Messages:
- Scammers often send phishing emails or messages that appear to be from popular stores, complete with logos and branding. However, these messages may contain links to fake websites designed to steal your personal information or payment details.
- Social Media Ads and Posts:
- Scammers can create convincing ads or posts on social media platforms, promoting enticing deals or products. So, clicking on these ads can lead you to scam websites.
- Search Results:
- Sometimes, scam websites use SEO tactics to appear in search results for popular products or keywords. So, always double-check the website’s legitimacy before making a purchase.
- Online Marketplaces:
- While most online marketplaces are legit, scammers can create fake seller profiles to sell fake or wrong goods. Always check seller reviews and ratings before buy on platforms like Amazon or eBay.
- Pop-Up Ads:
- Beware of pop-up ads that appear when you’re browsing websites. Since, some of those ads may lead to scam online stores or attempt to trick you into downloading viruses.
- Fake Mobile Apps:
- You should be careful while downloading and using apps, since scammers may create fake mobile apps that mimic popular shopping apps to get your personal info and payment details.
- Unexpected Calls:
- Scammers might call you, posing as customer service staffs from well-known stores, and ask for your personal or payment info. So, always verify the caller’s identity.
- Emails and Messages from “Friends”:
- Scammers can hack email or social media accounts and send messages to your contacts, recommending a particular online store or deal. That’s why, always verify such recommendations with your friends before clicking on links.
- Mimic of Legitimate Stores:
- Some scam websites impersonate well-known brands or stores, using similar website designs and logos. So, carefully compare the URL and look for any discrepancies in the website’s branding.
Our Final Verdict on Oycemily:
After conducting a comprehensive examination of the given information, it is evident that Oycemily should be accurately classified as a scam website.
Explore suspicious sites in our “Suspicious” category >HERE<, or learn about various scams in the “Scams” section >HERE<. Also, discover informative articles across different categories on our homepage >HERE<.
Please feel free to share your thoughts about this company in the comments below. Furthermore, spread the word about this online store to your friends and family through your social media accounts to keep them informed.
Please take note: The review provided here is based on the information found on the website as of the mentioned date. However, websites of this nature frequently change their names and content. So, if you come across different information in the future, it should still raise suspicions of questionable activity.
Why is Oycemily.com classified as a scam online store?
Oycemily.com has been classified as a scam online store due to several concerning factors, including heavy discounts on products, and similarities with known problematic websites, etc.
Is there any advice for dealing with suspicious websites like Oycemily?
For your safety, it’s important to be cautious when dealing with online stores that seem suspicious. We advise you to research the website, read reviews from trustworthy sources, and refrain from making purchases if you have doubts about its legitimacy.
Can websites like Oycemily change their details over time?
These websites can change their name and content. So, the review is based on what was on the website as of the date mentioned.