Hair fall reason:
There are multiple factors working behind the hair fall problems in both the women and the men. Some of the major indications of sudden and excessive hair loss are:
- Too much Stress
- Nutrition deficiency like b12, calcium, magnesium, vitamin e, c, k
- Deficiency of omega 6 or 9
- Excess of Vitamin A
- Excess of DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
- Thyroid disorder
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Hormonal imbalance
- Heredity or genetic factors
- Unbalance diet
- Scalp infection
- Excessive smoking or intake of alcohol
- Any recurring or long-term disease or any chronic illness
- Use of low quality/ chemically enriched hair products or hair colorings
- Environmental effects
So, basically above mentioned are the main reasons for the individual’s excessive hair fall. According to the hair experts, 50 to 100 hair strands loss per day is considered to be normal but when have more than that, we must start the treatment. But before starting any hair loss treatment, consulting the relevant doctor is wiser. Check your vitamin levels and blood tests done. And don’t get panic, there are of course lots of remedies for your hair loss.
Hair treatments include both inside and outside treatment which means you have to fulfill the deficiency in your body or take care of any disease-causing your hair loss as well as you have to nourish your hair externally.
Natural remedies are also very effective for hair loss treatment but you need to keep pace in your treatment keeping patience and you will see the results in 3-4 months.
Here are some of the best home remedies for hair loss for your concern:
- Onion juice: Onion juice can be very helpful for hair re-growth as well as to treat your scalp infection. Apply it twice a week in roots and massage your scalp for few minutes. Keep it for at least thirty minutes and rinse your hair with cold water and you can also apply mild shampoo to wash your hair. You can also mix other ingredients with onion juice like yogurt or egg white or aloe vera gel along with castor or olive oil to get faster results. Do this at least three times a week to get better results.
- Hair oil massage: For this, apply hair oil like castor oil, coconut oil, gooseberry oil, almond oil, olive oil, argan oil etc. (whichever is available) to the root and massage the scalp thoroughly. For faster result, you can add rosemary essential oil to your hair oil. Making hair oil lukewarm is even better for massaging your hair. Keep it overnight or at least seven to ten hours and shampoo your hair and rinse it with cold water. Apply hair oil massage at least once a week.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera, both gel and juice is also a very effective ingredient for hair loss treatment as it helps to promote hair growth as well as to treat scalp infection. Apply aloe vera gel or juice to the root and leave it for at least 2 hours. Then rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water and shampoo. Do it at least three times a week. Aloe vera juice can also be consumed daily for better results.
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi): Fenugreek has been used for hair loss treatment since the ancient time. Considering its high effect, it helps to re-grow hair as well as enhance the quality of healthy hair. Apply the paste of fenugreek seeds in your scalp and leave it for one hour covering your hair with a shower cap. Then rinse your hair with cold water. Do this at least four times a week to get better results.
- Indian gooseberry (Amla): It is enriched with vitamin C. Its high-value properties help to get healthy hair and scalp. Apply the paste of Indian gooseberry in your scalp and leave it for about five hours covering your hair with a shower cap. Then rinse your hair with cold water. You can add lemon juice in the paste for fast and better results. Do it for at least five days a week. You can also consume gooseberry frequently to support your treatment.
- Garlic: Garlic has high sulfur content and so very effective in hair fall treatment. Apply the paste of garlic mixed with coconut oil or castor oil in your scalp and massage it for few minutes. You can also apply a thick layer of boiled crushed garlic adding some coconut oil in your scalp. Leave it for one hour and rinse your hair with cold water and apply mild shampoo to wash your hair. Do it for at least three times a week to get better results.
- Coconut: It has multiple health benefits and so as in hair loss problems. It helps to re-grow the hair and promotes healthy hair. Both coconut oil and milk are equally beneficial for the hair loss treatment. Apply the coconut oil or milk in your hair root and tip and massage your scalp for few minutes. Leave it overnight and rinse your hair with cold water. Do it for at least three times a week to get better results.
- Henna: It is a natural hair coloring and conditioner which helps in getting long, thick and shiny hair. Apply the paste of henna mixed with egg white and curd in your hair root to tip and cover it with a shower cap. Leave it for three hours and rinse your hair with cold water. This process must be repeated once a week to get rid of hair loss problem.
- Egg white: Egg white is also considered to be very beneficial in hair loss treatment due to its various enriched properties. Apply the paste of egg white mixed with olive oil and lemon juice and leave it for half an hour. Then rinse your hair with cold water and use a mild shampoo to clean your hair. Do it for at least three times a week to avoid hair loss problem.
- Hibiscus (Shoe flower): It is very beneficial in hair growth, hair greying as well as in scalp infections. Apply a paste of hibiscus flower mixed with coconut oil in your hair root to tip and leave it for at least two hours. Then rinse your hair with cold water and shampoo. Do it for at least three times a week for better results.
Some prevention to be taken to avoid hair fall:
- Meditation is very helpful to promote our healthy lifestyle in all way. So meditate to avoid your hair loss problem as it helps in minimizing the stress level.
- Green tea has multiple health benefits. Include it in your daily consumption as well as you can also rinse your hair with green tea.
- Just avoid the excessive level of using hair products and coloring. Instead, go for high-quality products and natural coloring.
- Include foods that have high nutrition factors like nuts and seeds like walnut, sunflower, flaxseed, sesame etc., salmon fish, spinach, honey, oyster, seaweed, oils like coconut oil, pumpkin oil or rosemary oil in your daily diet.
- Avoid too much exposure of sun in your hair as it dried and dehydrates your hair and scalp. Protect your hair by covering them to the possible extent.
- Drink at least six glasses of water daily so that you can be hydrated all day. This also helps in controlling the hair loss.
- Lower or avoid the consumption of alcohols and smoking to avoid hair fall problems.
- Keep your hair neat and clean. At least wash your hair thrice in a week with some mild shampoo and cold water. Try to use natural products as much as possible.
- Exercise daily or at least five days in a week to stay healthy and in result getting control over hair loss problems.
- Do not prefer unknown medicines and products unless consulting with relevant doctor or dermatologist and beauty or hair experts.
You can share with us the other home remedies to control or avoid hair loss problem which has worked for you by using the comment section below.
You can find other health-related articles within our “Health” category by clicking >HERE< or you can find several interesting articles under different categories by navigating our website through our home page by clicking >HERE<